8 Favorite YouTube Channels


First, a quick apology - I know I said I would post "Writing Thank You Notes Part II" on Friday and I even missed posting yesterday (Tuesday), but life got in the way. ;-) We had an incredible family camp over the weekend and yesterday, Kris took a sick day and I got to be with him all day (yay! for getting to spend extra time with my wonderful hubby, but sad he wasn't feeling well!) But instead of getting frustrated that I haven't been keeping up with my blog, I gladly remind myself that this is just a side thing and my marriage and real life are much, much more important!

My editor (i.e. my Mr. Amazing) has been super busy and hasn't had a chance to edit my promised post, so I'll be upcycling a post from just a couple months ago on my other blog. I'm hoping to add a "part II" soon(ish), so wanted to make sure this was posted first. :-) Hopefully, I'll be back with a new blog post next week, but no promises. ;-) Enjoy!


YouTube has become huge in the last few years! There is so much out there, but these are a few of my favorite channels. I do follow many other channels, but these are the ones that I will watch every movie they make (not all are as good as others - so example, some of the Studio C movies are parodies of other shows I’ve never seen, so I don’t watch them.)

What’s Up Moms I started watching this channel a few years ago - yes, even though I’m not a mom yet! But the three YouTubers, Elle, Meg, and Brooke, film movies that reach a wider audience than just moms! Every Monday, Meg cooks up something delicious and nutritious. Wednesdays, Elle gives tips for everything from parenting, children’s crafts and activities, traveling with kids, and hilarious ads for products (and much more!). And Friday Brooke is DIYing - adding gold spray paint and glitter to everything!

Studio C A couple years ago, a friend introduced us to Studio C. We weren’t hooked. (Sometimes it just takes longer to get into a show and get to know all the characters). About a year later, we saw the collab Studio C did with the Piano Guys and we reintroduced ourselves to this hilarious YouTube channel. With a ten-member cast, they make 2-5 minute family friendly sketch comedy videos that will have you rolling on floor laughing! Some of my favorite videos are “The Great British Bake-off”, “What’s Inside a Bank Vault” (collaboration with the “What’s Inside?” YouTube channel), and the tongue twister videos.

Do It on a Dime This channel is so inspiring! Katheryn gives tips and encouragement for organizing anything around the house, saving money (and shopping at the Dollar Store) plus has cleaning tips and fun DIYs.

My Cupcake Addiction I love anything sweet and this channel is chock full of that! Elise shows you how to make and decorate beautiful and outrageous desserts of every kind. Elise has such a fun and bubbly personality with a British accent surrounded by her coloring kitchen - everything about this channel is fun and sweet!

Girl Defined I’ve talked about the girldefined blog here, but this is their YouTube channel, where they post new movies every Wednesday on subjects like purity, guys, and growing in your Christian faith. The girls are so much fun to watch - they are so energetic and inspiring - and everything is rock-solid Biblically. Can’t recommend them enough!

Jostie Flicks The Jost family has gone through some big changes lately (the two oldest boys who film and write the sketches both recently got married) so this channel hasn’t been pumping out as many videos lately, but there still are plenty of older ones to keep you laughing! The family are homeschooling Christians and their movies are clean and hilarious.

The Story of this Life These movies are so sweet - and hilarious! Esther is a Christian mom who is joyful in her role of being a mother. While she doesn’t post frequently, her videos are always fun to watch! Check out some of my favorites - “When Couples Take Selfies”, “Driving with Women”, “Why Moms Get NOTHING DONE”.

Jon Crist is a quirky, yet hilarious Christian comedian. He pokes fun at Instagram girls, contemporary “Christianity”, skinny jeans, and Christian dating sites.
What are some of your favorite YouTube channels?

Comments