Being married to Kris is the best when:

Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

We chase each other around the house, have tickle wars, and laugh all the time
Watching a scary movie, and Kris puts his arms around me and hides my face
I’m talking - like non-stop - and Kris gives me one of his adoring smiles, then tells me he loves hearing me talk
I’m crying and he just holds me, then wipes away my tears
Holding hands in public and private
He kisses me in front of his friends and coworkers
He wants me to sit on his lap
He wraps his arms around me during church
He kisses my forehead
He hugs me from behind
He tells me I’m beautiful
He lets me pick what movie or show I’d like to see
He massages my feet
He makes me drive, even if I don’t want to
He feels my pregnant belly
He holds my hand when I’m having my wisdom teeth out or having my blood drawn
We play games or go on walks together
He dances with me
He thanks me for doing something for him
He combs, braids, or plays with my hair
I can talk about my period or weird pregnancy symptoms with him
I can share anything with him and he just listens, then gives good advice
He daily leads me in Bible reading and prayer
He organizes and goes through stuff with me, even though that’s not his favorite thing to do
He loves being with my family
He comes home for lunch every day
He texts throughout the day to see how I’m doing

Being married to Kris has been absolutely amazing! I never thought marriage could be this wonderful, or that there even existed a guy as perfect for me as Kris is. He is truly my best friend! Spending the rest of my life with him is a dream come true.

Quick advice to any single girls: Do Not Settle for a guy who is less than God’s best for you!! In the moment, having a guy pay you special attention makes you feel like a million bucks (I’ve been there, I know!), but if you know he’s not husband material, don’t revel in his attention and flattery. You’ll regret it later. Wait for the man God has picked out for you - he will be so worth it!

Comments

Post a Comment