2 Closet Tips

I don’t know about you, but it really bothers me to have clothes in my closet that I don’t wear (or don’t like). One way to take care of this is to spend several hours going through clothes, trying things on, and getting rid of the clothes that don’t cut it. Nothing wrong with this method, it just takes super long and can get discouraging. This is one trick my dad told me about that I have tried several times and love!


1) Turn all the hangers backwards. As you wear each piece, you hang the clothes back the right way. After
a while, you’ll see that you always return to your favorite pieces and your least favorite will remain backwards.
The backwards clothes go into the giveaway bag. How’s that for easy? After you’ve purged your closet, use
this method to make sure you’re cycling through all of your clothes and not just wearing the same 3 outfits.


My next tip is an amazing time saver that I started doing when I was working at Azure. Not only does it totally
eliminate that awful I-have-nothing-to-wear feeling every morning, it helps you become much more creative
in your outfits.


2) Pick your clothes out a week in advance. Choose a free afternoon (or morning) and plan the next week’s
outfits. Keep in mind what you’ll be doing each day - going out with friends, staying home, going to work, shopping,
etc. and pick the outfit accordingly. Sometimes I like to work my way through my stack of tee shirts or button ups,
to make sure everything is being worn. I like to make the outfits creative, spending extra time experimenting
with different accessories. Pinterest is a big help in this as well - if you feel like you’re stuck in a rut, try
searching for inspiration.

So there are my closet tips! Have you tried either of these ideas before? Do you have any other time-saving
closet suggestions?

Comments