Low Carb Meal Planning and Ideas

Each week, when I sit down to think up and write out that week’s menu, my brain goes completely blank. I have a really hard time thinking up new ideas, or even just cycling through old ones.


So I thought I would make it easier on myself and write out my meal ideas; then when the time came to
meal plan, I could just look over my list and pick from there.


Kris and I are currently sticking with low carb meals as you can tell from the list below. I’m breastfeeding
Kristopher, so I need to make sure I’m getting enough calories (more snacks, plus extra carbs like peanut
butter have been working just fine!)


Breakfasts:
Kris skips breakfast in the morning, so I usually just throw something quickly together for myself.


Eggs (fried, scrambled, hard boiled, omlet)
Warm sweet potato with cinnamon, blueberries, and nuts
Leftovers
Yogurt w/ fruit
Fruit Shake (w/ protein powder)


Lunches:
Kris is able to come home for lunch which is absolutely wonderful! My mornings are pretty busy, so I like
to have lunch ideas that are quick and that require no to minimal cooking.


Leftovers
Taco Salad (Lettuce, ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, cheese, salsa, olives, sour cream)
Chef’s Salad (Lettuce, any raw veggie, cold leftover chicken or canned tuna, hard boiled eggs, olives, nuts,
cheese, ranch dressing)
Chicken salad (Cold chicken, celery, grapes, almonds, sour cream, salt and pepper; over lettuce)
Tuna Salad (Tuna, pickles, mayo; over lettuce)
Snacky (Cheese and pepperoni, veggies, olives, hard boiled eggs, etc.)


Dinners:
To me, the perfect dinner is well rounded with a protein, vegetable, and carb. But since we’re trying to avoid
the latter, I’m having to shift my idea of a perfect meal.


Hot dogs or hamburgers (without buns)
Stuffed bell peppers (ground beef, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, bell peppers)
Pepperoni pizza chicken bake (chicken breasts, pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheese)
Grilled meat
Fajitas (minus the tortillas)
Baked chicken thighs


Sides:
Roasted or steamed veggies
Baked sweet potatoes
Green salad
Raw veggies
Sauerkraut
Oriental Salad


Desserts/Snacks:
Because 3 meals a day isn’t enough...for me, at least. ;-P


Chocolate Shake (milk, cocoa, stevia, vanilla, ice)
Fruit shake (any combination of fresh or frozen fruit with milk, stevia, vanilla, and ice)
Orange Julius (orange juice concentrate, milk, stevia, vanilla, ice)
Banana “ice cream” (Frozen bananas, fruit of choice, small amount of water, blend in food processor)
Fresh or frozen fruit
Raw veggies with ranch dip or hummus
Apple sauce

I still have so much to learn and am always looking for fresh and new ideas! If you have any, please let
me know!

Comments

Post a Comment