Things to Do While Nursing

Before little Kristopher was born, my sister encouraged me to write out a list of things that I could work on while nursing my baby. Because, in the moment, the easiest option would be to browse Facebook on my phone. I don’t want to be wasting those hours each day with scrolling meaninglessly, so here is my list of “nursing activities” that I try to implement each feeding.


1) Read my Bible and devotional book. I try to do this during little K’s first feeding of the day (after Kris leaves
for work).


2) Read whatever book I’m going through. This is especially easy if the book is really interesting!


3) Journal. After little man was born, I spent about an hour writing out my birth story, trying to remember
all the details. While I don’t journal every day, I do try to write a quick entry every couple days, giving quick
updates.


4) Watch educational and encouraging YouTube videos on everything from breastfeeding tips to budgeting
advice.


5) Text family and friends. Especially since having our baby, I’ve gotten so many text messages, so it’s
nice having a designated time to reply to them all.


6) Catch up on emails and read blog posts


7) Eat. Feeding a baby makes me hungry (and thirsty!), so I’ll usually fix a snack beforehand to munch
on while the baby eats. :-)


8) And finally, social media. But this is saved for night feedings when I’m in danger of falling asleep. ;-)


I would eventually like to write while feeding, but typing one-handed is difficult and the times I’ve tried, I’ve
almost dropped my laptop. So that’s still a work in progress.

Comments