My Daily Schedule (before our baby was born)

I wrote this post about a year ago and for some reason, it got lost in my folder of blog posts to edit and publish. It’s fun to look back on my daily schedule from a year ago and remember what life was like before little Kristopher joined our family.


I still get the dreaded “so what do you do all day?” question that I got many, many times as a single girl. Sometimes,
if I haven’t really thought through my answer beforehand, I end up stammering, “uh, well, I take care of the
house”, which is a really dumb answer because so do other women who work outside their home. And honestly “
taking care of the house” just takes a few minutes out of my day - it’s NOT what I’m doing during the eight
hours Kris works every day, five days a week.


So I thought I’d share my daily schedule. Of course, every day/week is different, but this is just a general
idea. :-)


Our first alarm goes off at 6:15, but we don’t actually get up until 6:30. Our morning routine is pretty much
down to a science - we get dressed, Kris makes coffee, we brush our teeth, we read our Bibles while sipping
coffee, then we make breakfast, K finishes getting ready for work, then leaves at 7:40. Meanwhile I jump
on my phone, catch up on social media, watch YouTube movies, etc. until eight.


I then write my list for the day - and get started with the basic, around-the-house chores that I do everyday
(clean the kitchen, straighten up the whole house, make our bed and put clothes away from the day before).
I also have my weekly jobs that each have a designated day (Monday: sweep and mop all hard floors;
Tuesday: Wipe out microwave and Dust; Wednesday: clean coffee maker; Thursday: Vacuum and wash sheets;
Friday: clean the bathroom). I do laundry and organizing as needed and desired. ;-) I usually have some
small project I do in the morning - organizing, going through closets, or drawers, etc.


Anywhere from 9:15-10:00 I start my workout. I’ve been working out for about an hour a day - the first half,
I’ll listen to Albert Mohler’s “The Briefing” podcast, then finish up with an episode of “Masterchef”. That makes
working out much more enjoyable. ;-) I follow that up with a shower. If I have time before lunch, I will read
a chapter from one of the books I’m currently reading through. (Right now, that’s “When God Writes Your
Life Story” by Eric and Leslie Ludy). 11:30-11:45ish I start working on lunch - usually leftovers. Kris comes
home for lunch at 12 and stays for half an hour.


My afternoons are where I lose my routine, but I always have enough things to do to keep me busy. I read
(usually out on the front porch to get some vitamin D and fresh air), work on any project K wants me to
(like sanding his Traeger smoker, our current project together), finish whatever I have on my to-do list, research,
write, sand my desk in the basement, or quilt (I can never fit all of these into one day, but you get the idea).
I like to start dinner around 3:30. Kris comes home at 4:30.


Our evenings vary - we eat dinner in the basement while watching a movie or show (we alternate who picks
each night), work on projects (like the Traeger smoker), sometimes read, go shopping, or go for a walk.
Our bedtime is 8:30, but we like to watch YouTube movies for a while before going to sleep.


So that’s my daily life! Of course, there are always days when everything doesn’t go according to plan -
we’ve been baby-sitting a lot lately, so having little kids in the house messes my a regular schedule (which
is totally fine and wonderful! :-) Or afternoons when I feel awful and just read for four hours (about a week
following my wisdom teeth extraction and I was trying to wean myself off the pain meds).

Comments

Post a Comment